Magni 3 has the power, performance, resolution, and versatility to meet all your needs, and to make your Grado headphones sound their best.
With a full 2000mW into 32 ohms—rated in the most honest way, RMS continuous, both channels driven—Magni 3 has tremendous reserves of power. Combined with low distortion, an exceptionally low noise floor, and switchable gain, Magni 3 is ready for any headphone.
Powered Monitors Welcome, Too
Magni 3 includes preamp outputs. This means you can connect it to your desktop powered monitors for a complete system—or even connect it to a speaker power amp and use it as a preamp. With its built-in time-delayed start-up and instant shut-down, there’ll be no glitches or pops through either headphones or speakers.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-900KHz, -3dB
- Maximum Power, 16 ohms: 3W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 2W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 1.3W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 430mW RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 230mW RMS per channel
- THD: Less than 0.001%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS, less than 0.02% at 5V RMS into 32 ohms
- IMD: Less than 0.001%, CCIF
- SNR: Greater than 108db, unweighted, referenced to 1V RMS
- rosstalk: -70dB, 20 Hz-20KHz
- Output Impedance: Less than 0.3 ohms at either gain
- Input Impedance: 25k ohms
- Gain: 1.4 (3db) or 7 (17db), selectable via rear switch
- Topology: Fully discrete, fully complementary all-bipolar, symmetrical current-feedback
- design with no capacitors in the signal path and DC servo
- Protection: Standard failsafe DC power input and muting relay
- Power Supply: "Wall wart" style 24VA 14VAC transformer, regulated +/- 17V rails with over 6,000uF filter capacitance
- Power Consumption: 6W
- Size: 5 x 3.5 x 1.25"
- Weight: 1 lb