Choose Magni Heresy for insanely great measurements from an all-op-amp based headphone amp that uses super high quality parts, including a multiple paralleled output stage with feedforward. Magni Heresy is in a black and red chassis
Magni Heresy has the power, performance, resolution, and versatility to meet all your needs, and to make your Grado headphones sound their best.
With a full 2000mW into 32 ohms—rated in the most honest way, RMS continuous, both channels driven—Magni Heresy has tremendous reserves of power. Combined with low distortion, an exceptionally low noise floor, and switchable gain, Magni 3 is ready for any headphone.
Powered Monitors Welcome, Too
Magni Heresy includes preamp outputs. This means you can connect it to your desktop powered monitors for a complete system—or even connect it to a speaker power amp and use it as a preamp. With its built-in time-delayed start-up and instant shut-down, there’ll be no glitches or pops through either headphones or speakers.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-900KHz, -3dB
- Maximum Power, 16 ohms: 3W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 2W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 1.3W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 430mW RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 230mW RMS per channel
- THD: Less than 0.001%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS, less than 0.02% at 5V RMS into 32 ohms
- IMD: Less than 0.001%, CCIF
- SNR: Greater than 108db, unweighted, referenced to 1V RMS
- rosstalk: -70dB, 20 Hz-20KHz
- Output Impedance: Less than 0.3 ohms at either gain
- Input Impedance: 25k ohms
- Gain: 1.4 (3db) or 7 (17db), selectable via rear switch
- Topology: Fully discrete, fully complementary all-bipolar, symmetrical current-feedback
- design with no capacitors in the signal path and DC servo
- Protection: Standard failsafe DC power input and muting relay
- Power Supply: "Wall wart" style 24VA 14VAC transformer, regulated +/- 17V rails with over 6,000uF filter capacitance
- Power Consumption: 6W
- Size: 5 x 3.5 x 1.25"
- Weight: 1 lb